Thursday, August 30, 2012

OK, I know I promised pics of my classroom (before and after) and all that jazz but my first week in first grade has left me completely wiped! I have been dozing on the couch by 6:30 every night this week and then losing sleep (when I actually make it to my bed) thinking about all the things I still need to do! UGH! Today, I treated myself and left work as soon as possible (my duty day ends at 2:40). I have been there until almost 4 every afternoon... listening to my second grader ask "Mom, is it time to go yet?" nine million times (poor guy!). All I can say is thank goodness that this first week is a 4 day week. We have a training day tomorrow which means there is nothing that has to be immediately prepared or planned for so I high-tailed it out of there (and didn't even bring any work home). I do have to sit through some boring riveting meetings tomorrow, but I can take a small breather!
My group of firsties are absolutely adorable. I have 7 ESL students (a few of which are very low level). I have a couple of kids who have a hard time just getting their name on their paper and I have a few who finish everything I give them in record time. Oh, and they are never quiet.... ever! I have one chatty group. But I love them and wouldn't trade them for a million dollars!

Now, as soon as I figure out how to post documents on here I will get to sharing what I have! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment